This Safety Manager is responsible for implementing and leading effective company safety programs while creating an atmosphere of a proactive safety culture. This position works independently or in conjunction with designated management staff using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of moderate scope.
- Promote compliance with the company safety program and local accident prevention efforts to ensure company safety goals are met.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety related programs to meet or exceed company safety standards.
- Perform and document jobsite inspections and audits with special emphasis on hazard recognition, unsafe behaviors and correction of potential third party, asset loss and workers compensation losses.
- Assist in the preparation and performance of safety meetings and training programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy and safety standards.
- Participate in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Assist in the development and review of job hazard analysis for each major phase of our work to ensure its safe completion.
- Assist in the investigation, preparation and maintenance of records of all third party, asset loss, and worker’s compensation claims to make certain that Company interests are preserved.
- Assist in the follow up with the corporate insurance department as regards claims, to ensure that the appropriate information is collected and that claims will be resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist Human Resources and Risk Management and Claims team members as needed on property, casualty and workers compensation issues.
- Successfully embody PB Roofing Core Values – Coachable, Attention to Detail, & Resourceful