PB ROOFING: RESPONSE APPRENTICE
“Master Builder of Raving Customers”
Do you want to take control of your career path and develop lifelong skills with a growth-minded organization? Do you enjoy working with your hands and the thrill of new challenges every day? Do you consider yourself resourceful with the ability to think outside the box? If you have the desire to learn new skills and work alongside compassionate peers, keep reading.
We’re one of the most well-known commercial roofing companies in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic areas of the USA. We’ve won numerous awards for being a Top Workplace in New Jersey and named a Top 100 Roofing Contractor in the nation by Roofing Contractor Magazine and a Top 50 Power Player by the International Roofing Expo.
We value our employees by prioritizing safety, education, and career development. As we continue to grow our company, individuals who share our same values will play a pivotal role in our success.
The Response Apprentice position requires individuals to be experienced in the basic roof construction practices. Individuals will provide support and assistance to other team members to increase production, performance, and quality of the team on each project.
Our Mindset & Who You Will Be Working With:
PB Roofing provides concierge-style commercial roofing services to private & public sector organizations with multiple buildings located throughout the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic regions of the U.S.
Our existing and prospective customers cover an expansive portfolio of industries including corporate, property & facilities management, marquee level retail, supermarkets, industrial, and healthcare who value collaborative partnerships with a professional focus and approach.
It is our goal to always enhance the customer experience through innovation including modern products, tools, and technology. We’re seeking new team members who will add their own unique value to our customer experience vision, creating lifetime value with new and existing customers.
Each Response Apprentice will be enrolled in PB University’s career path curriculum, providing a trajectory that enhances the development and skillset of our team members. Thoughtfully designed levels allow our Response Apprentices to further develop their professional careers and climb the ladder to success. At PB Roofing, we never stop learning.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- You actively listen to others and are coachable.
- You enjoy & promote Continuing Education and collaboration.
- You have a passion for your endeavors and for your career choices.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist Lead Technician and/or Technician with job set-up, tear-off, and installation of materials
- Learn to safely set up equipment and install roofing in a professional manner
- Assist in loading and unloading of production trucks
- Tool and equipment maintenance
- Pursue job advancement by learning trades and participating in PB University
- Assist with daily documentation, procurement, and accountability for materials and equipment required for work orders
- Inspect safety equipment daily and ensure all company equipment is in safe working condition
What We’re Looking For:
- Professional demeanor in all customer and company encounters
- Roofing experience preferred but not required
- Computer skills (‘Basic’ Microsoft Office / Various Apps / Tablet/ iPad)
- Ability to promote and apply company core values
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements
- Must be capable of strenuous activity required to tear-off, carry, and dispose of roofing material
- Capable of standing for long stretches of time and working at heights (on rooftops, climb ladders and stairs).
- Ability to safely handle tools and materials commonly found in the construction industries.
- Valid Driver’s License in Good Standing (Must pass MVR screening)
- Pass a pre-employment Background Check and Drug Screening
Locations: Upstate New York and New Jersey
What About Benefits?
At PB Roofing, our talent is our most valuable asset which is why we offer a competitive benefits package beyond compensation comprising of benefits, professional development, discounts, growth opportunities and PB Purpose.
Job Type: Full-time
PB Roofing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D), as well as focusing on fairness in recruitment, selection and decision making.
We offer a competitive salary, training, and a generous benefits package.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming part of a company that is rapidly becoming the standard of excellence by other firms in the construction field, apply today!