Commercial Roofing – Lead Response Technician – New York, NY (Tuesday through Saturday)
COACHABLE / ATTENTION to DETAIL / RESOURCEFUL
About the Role
The Lead Response Technician is a commercial roofing professional excelling at managing themselves and others. They are a roofing specialist who can meet the needs of a diverse portfolio of clients. This is a salaried role providing a unique opportunity to join an established organization that prides itself on delivering high quality roofing products and services. Daily responsibilities will consist of roofing repair work, facility evaluation, electronic reporting, as well as, larger scopes of work when applicable. In addition, Peck Brothers Roofing is committed to a four (4) hour response time to their customers. Your direct report and mentors will be an experienced Field Team Lead and the Vice President of PB Roofing. Lastly, this position is designed for an associate who can accommodate a TUESDAY to SATURDAY schedule.
Who You Are:
- You are an effective communicator who can adjust cadence and message to fit the audience; you actively listen to others and provide timely and helpful information as a result, both to customers and colleagues.
- You are resilient, demonstrating grace under pressure and managing crises effectively with a minimum of disruption; you maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity.
- You have a track record of exceeding goals, driving results consistently, even under tough circumstances. You push yourself, and others to achieve results.
- You are able to sort through high quantity, complex, sometimes contradictory information to identify priority areas and solve problems.
- You take an entrepreneurial approach to your work and think about your work as a career rather than ‘just a job’.
- You enjoy & promote Continuing Education and Collaboration
- You are able to Present and Report to all levels, and especially, a Leadership Team
- You have a passion for your endeavors and for your career choices
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Own your space
- Maintain and monitor equipment assets, technology, tools, supplies
- Ensure to adhere to OSHA and company safety policies
- While onsite, provide professional assessments and opinions regarding all findings
- Vehicle responsibility as an operator, as well as daily vehicle upkeep
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial roofer – Vocational Graduate is a plus
- Experience with various roofing systems – EPDM / TPO / PVC / Metal Roofs
- Quality Communication Skills (Phone / Email / Text) – Correspond with Store Personnel
- Above average Computer Skills (‘Basic’ Microsoft Office / Various Apps / Tablet Ipad)
- A financial understanding of performance to budget and the impact of efficiency
- Ability to promote and apply company core values
- Verifiable References
- Valid Driver’s License in Good Standing (Must pass MVR screening)
- Ability to read roofing plans and interpret maps
- Pass a pre-employment Background Check and Drug Screening
- OSHA 10 / OSHA 30