PB Roofing: Customer Relations Specialist
“Master Builder of Raving Customers”
Do you want to take control of your career path and develop lifelong skills with a growth-minded organization? Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment and the thrill of new challenges every day? Can you successfully collaborate with others and build new partnerships? Do you consider yourself resourceful with the ability multitask? If you have the desire to drive departmental needs, learn new skills, and work alongside compassionate peers, keep reading.
We’re one of the most well-known commercial roofing companies in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic areas of the USA. We’ve won numerous awards for being a Top Workplace in New Jersey and named a Top 100 Roofing Contractor in the nation by Roofing Contractor Magazine and a Top 50 Power Player by the International Roofing Expo.
We value our employees by prioritizing safety, education, and career development. As we continue to grow our company, individuals who share our same values will play a pivotal role in our success.
The Customer Relations Specialist is an experienced customer service professional with impeccable attention to detail, effective communication skills, and a drive to meet customer needs through the entirety of a service call. This role oversees the day-to-day coordination of the Response Team, which
entails being the main point of contact for customers to ensure timely and quality service and the coordination of work orders and assignments performed by technicians, subcontractors, and vendors.
This is a technology-savvy position with the ability to learn, navigate, and manage numerous software systems and online portals guaranteeing the sharing of accurate financial and job progress throughout all company channels and with the customer.
Our Mindset & Who You Will Be Supporting:
As a Customer Relations Specialist, you will be tasked with achieving our PB Roofing objective of ‘Creating Raving Fans’ helping to support the PB Roofing Fortune 500 client base, as well as national real estate and property management customers daily. In addition, the Customer Relations Specialist will provide excellent customer service to all internal departments and internal team members.
Who You Are:
- You are an effective communicator and problem solver; you actively listen to others and provide timely and helpful information as a result, both to customers and colleagues
- You maintain a positive outlook while working under pressure and with changing demands and priorities
- You have a track record of exceeding goals, driving results consistently, even under tough circumstances
- You take an entrepreneurial approach to your work and think about your work as a career rather than ‘just a job’
- You enjoy working as part of a team, as well as independently
- You are reliable and committed to continuous improvement
What You’ll Do:
- Independently manage daily customer requests while also constantly reworking and improving the process
- Correctly input & maintain all customer data in FCS Roofing Software work order management
- Input, complete and ensure accuracy of all details for dispatch in FCS
- Responsible for consistent internal and external communication throughout the duration of a service job
- Report regularly to Account Team Lead on dispatch, work order and customer status; manage escalation procedures as situations warrant
- Act as the company gatekeeper; you are the first line of interaction and caretaker of the issue
- Anticipate customer needs and follow up on any work status
- Meet and surpass customer expectations in a friendly, helpful, and positive fashion in multiple locations throughout a multi-state portfolio
- Utilize automated & technical tools and resources to manage high work order volumes
- Generate reports (daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly) for both customers and management
- Serve as part of the Customer Relations Center on-call rotation, managing, executing, and completing all service calls that occur when the company headquarters are closed
- Assist field personnel, estimating team, and finance members on quotes, proposals, and invoicing for our clients
- Perform general administrative tasks
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ Customer Service or Facility Maintenance Experience – Required
- Portal Management experience is preferred
- Quality Communication Skills (Phone / Email / Text) – Correspond with Store Personnel
- Strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables), and other technological tools (apps, iPad, business portals)
- Analytical skills to investigate and troubleshoot customer issues claims to help solve and demonstrate a level of excellent customer service
- Knowledge of financial terms and principles and how to calculate simple figures such as percentages
- Ability to promote and apply company core values
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees
- Can work within a flexible schedule
- General Construction or trade knowledge is beneficial but not required
What About Benefits?
At PB Roofing, our talent is our most valuable asset which is why we offer a competitive benefits package beyond compensation comprising of benefits, professional development, discounts, growth opportunities, and PB Purpose.
Job Type: Full-time
PB Roofing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D), as well as focusing on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
We offer a competitive salary, training, and a generous benefits package.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming part of a company that is rapidly becoming the standard of excellence by other firms in the construction field, apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Work from home
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Elmwood Park, NJ 07407: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Required)
- Customer service: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location